The Society for the Study of American Women Writers (SSAWW) was established in 2000 to promote and advance the study of American women writers through research, teaching, and publication. It is the goal of the Society to strengthen relations among persons and institutions both in the United States and internationally who are undertaking such studies, and to broaden knowledge widely among the general public about American women writers.
The Society is committed to diversity in the study of American women writers — racial, ethnic, gender, class, sexual orientation, region, and era — as well as of scholars participating in the Society.
Whom should I contact about . . . ?
- For information about your SSAWW membership, contact the Vice President for Membership and Finances.
- For information about the SSAWW organization, forming a regional study group, or becoming an affiliated organization, contact the president.
- For information about the SSAWW conference, contact the Vice President for Organizational Matters.
- For information about development issues, donating to SSAWW, and funding, contact the Vice-President for Development.
- For materials to be posted to the web site or questions about the listserv, contact the Vice President for Publications.
- For subscription issues related to Legacy, contact the University of Nebraska Press at 1-800-755-1105.
- For information on Legacy, visit the Legacy site at http://legacywomenwriters.org
About this Site
The purpose of this site is to disseminate information about the Society for the Study of American Women Writers (SSAWW) and to post useful information for those interested in studying American women writers.
If you have information that would be of interest to those visiting this site, such as a call for papers, an announcement of a new book or article, or conference information, please send it to Jordan Von Cannon email@example.com with the copy in the body of the message in text format. Since they do not have text that can be readily copied and pasted to the site, materials in .pdf format will not be posted. Please indicate where you’d like the information to be placed.
To provide the maximum amount of information on the front page, long notices are typically posted with a “more” tag so that the first paragraph is shown and readers can click through to get the rest of the information. Brief notices, of course, appear in full as do announcements from Legacy and SSAWW.
Because this is an informational, educational, and nonprofit site, notices of books or other items for sale, eBay auctions, and other commercial information cannot be posted.
Although we post information about new books, plays, and so forth relating to American women writers, we do not link to amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, or other overtly commercial sites, and we do not accept any compensation for posting notices.
Please see the Terms of Service for SSAWW-L for further clarification about what can be posted at this site.