A full-time faculty position in the Language and Literature Department is available beginning August 2016.
- Teach both upper and lower division undergraduate courses, in American Literature as well as in composition and linguistics. Ability to teach courses on major American authors, modern American literature, and literary criticism is desired.
- Have the knowledge and ability to use technology and integrate into classroom delivery systems when appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining current curriculum as well as developing new literature offerings.
- Participate in department activities, faculty meetings, development days, committees, professional development, and advising students.
All SC employees are expected to demonstrate a strong and articulate Christian faith, to model and mentor students in servant leadership and in the integration of faith into every aspect of life and learning. Specific requirements for this position include:
- Ph.D. in English. ABD will be considered.
- College teaching experience that demonstrates an understanding of the teaching/learning process.
- Evidence of professional and creative publications is strongly desired.
- An understanding of undergraduate college students and an ability to relate well to them.
- An understanding of an interdisciplinary approach to the liberal arts, and an ability to work with faculty from diverse disciplines.
Salary and rank will be determined by credentials and experience applied to an established faculty salary scale and accompanying benefits.