The Faculty of Interdisciplinary Humanities and Communication in the College of Letters and Sciences on the Polytechnic campus of Arizona State University invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in English, with a specialization in multi-cultural American literature.
The teaching load is 2/2. Courses will be face-to-face at ASUs Polytechnic campus as well as hybrid or online. Service is required appropriate to rank. Applications should demonstrate a well-defined and productive research agenda, as well as a commitment to diversity, community engagement, place-based inquiry, and use-inspired research consistent with the mission of a New American University (http://newamericanuniversity.asu.edu/). Applicants whose teaching and scholarship span disciplinary boundaries are especially welcome.
- PhD in English or related discipline in hand by August 1, 2016
- Evidence of a productive research agenda in English or related area
- Evidence of successful college-level teaching experience in English or related area
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas: Latina/o Literature, Chicana/o Literature, Native American Literature, African-American Literature, Asian-American Literature
- Research dealing with issues around immigration, border-crossing or cross-cultural experience
- A record of peer-reviewed publications
- Engagement with Digital Humanities technologies and methods
- Experience teaching with technology
- Online teaching experience
Application deadline is November 6, 2015 at 5:00pm; if not filled, reviews will occur every Friday thereafter until the search is closed.
A complete application must include a cover letter; curriculum vitae; statement of teaching philosophy; three letters of recommendation; and contact information for three professional references (include name, address, phone and email address). Send application as one electronic file to SLSjobs@asu.edu; indicate the position (Assistant Professor-English #AV11288) in subject line. DO NOT send your application materials as separate documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype or by phone.
CLS is home to seven faculties with more than 180 faculty members. More than 3,200 CLS undergraduate and graduate students are pursuing degrees in the humanities, social and natural sciences, and mathematics. To learn more about CLS, please visit our website at https://cls.asu.edu/. This is an academic-year contract (8/16/2016 through 5/15/2017). Salary contingent upon qualifications. Background check and fingerprinting required prior to employment. An official transcript confirming the completion of a doctorate will be required prior to the first date of employment. Direct all inquiries to Search Committee Chair Ian Moulton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.