The Evergreen State College seeks applications for a full-time visiting faculty position (fall quarter 2015/winter quarter 2016, October-March) in LGBT/Queer/Trans Studies. The successful candidate will teach an interdisciplinary, coordinated studies program focused on transgender and queer studies, potentially intersecting with literature, cultural studies, disability studies, race/postcolonial studies, queer ecology, or related topics in the arts and humanities.
- ABD in History, American Studies, Gender/Womens Studies, Literature, Visual Arts, Performance Studies, Media Studies, or related field; and
- College level teaching experience in queer or transgender studies.
- PhD in History, American Studies, Gender/Womens Studies, Literature, Visual Arts, Performance Studies, Media Studies, or related field; and
- Expertise in liberal arts teaching, team teaching, interdisciplinary teaching, or experimental pedagogies.
Review of complete applications begins May 1, 2015. We will continue to accept applications until finalists are selected.
This is a two-quarter visiting faculty position beginning 2015 fall quarter, not eligible for continuing appointment. Salary for all positions is based on experience and degrees. We do not offer relocation expenses for our visiting faculty positions. During the second quarter of this position, the candidate may be team-teaching.
TO APPLY please visit our website: http://www.evergreen.edu/facultyhiring
– See more at: https://chroniclevitae.com/jobs/0000880728-01?cid=ja#sthash.44JCmxNG.dpuf