CFP: WLA Panel at SSAWW Conference
Deadline: January 20, 2015
The Western Literature Association invites submissions for its upcoming panel at the triennial meeting of the Society for the Study of American Women Writers, November 4-8, 2015 in Philadelphia.
In response to the SSAWW conference theme of “Liminal Spaces, Hybrid Lives,” we welcome papers that consider how women writers respond to the ideological and imaginative boundaries that have shaped western American literary and cultural production. Proposed papers might address but are not limited to the following topics:
• gender, genre, and the West
• negotiations of racial, ethnic, and religious difference in western women’s writing
• women writers and the geographic and chronological definitions of the West
• archival and recovery work in the field of western women’s writing
• women writers and the post-western West
E-mail a 300-word abstract and brief CV to Randi Tanglen (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 20, 2015. While you do not need to be an SSAWW or WLA member to submit a proposal, you must be or become a member of both SSAWW and WLA in order to present as part of this panel.