Society for the Study of American Women Writers (SSAWW): Invitations to tender
The Society for the Study of American Women Writers is a long-established and prestigious learned society. It has in recent years grown quite rapidly and now has over 400 members. Further growth looks probable. This is leading the Society to revisit its existing organisation.
In two key arenas the Society is looking to introduce two developments.
Firstly, the society is seeking an institutional (/ a departmental) base which will provide the society with a level of support in a number of key arenas.
- By maintaining the website and working with the society’s officers to secure good, up-to-date and reliable presentation of the society as a WWW presence, including advice and suggestions on how to develop and improve this web presence.
- By providing a small archive facility for SSAWW materials.
- By providing administrative support for the society’s officers when pursuing their SSAWW duties. SSAWW in return would provide funding to finance graduate support for this.
The website, the membership list and all the key infrastructural supports of the society are already developed, so this is not a project that involves working from scratch, but taking over, maintaining and, if and where appropriate, improving the society’s provisions.
Secondly, the society intends to establish a new on-line journal, a sister journal to Legacy, with which it is closely connected (the online journal to cover the period 1945 to the present day). Again, the society is intending to seek institutional support for such a development.
- By maintaining the journal website and working with the journal editor to secure good, up-to-date and reliable presentation of the journal as a WWW presence, including advice and suggestions on how to develop and improve this web presence. The editor will be appointed by an open election process within SSAWW.
- By appointing, at least in the first instance, a managing editor, in consultative agreement with the SSAWW, to work with the editor.
This communication invites individuals/departments/institutions to tender for the support/hosting of these two SSAWW initiatives. The tenders can be for the support of either or both of these initiatives.
Closing date for both tenders: 30 June 2014
Please submit the tenders to firstname.lastname@example.org